So, you came up with a great business idea and you set up your company. As it’s grown, you’ve recruited more staff, and you now find yourself running a small to medium sized organisation. Suddenly all those paper files and Excel spreadsheets are getting out of hand, and you find yourself spending more time chasing paperwork than you do managing your business or face to face with your team.
Maybe it’s time to look at how you can benefit from automating your HR activities!
In simple terms, human resource management software, (HRMS), is software that automates all the activities required to effectively, and efficiently, manage a workforce throughout the employee lifecycle from hire to retire. It improves productivity, accuracy, and effectiveness in the HR team, improves the employee experience, and provides powerful analytics and reporting functions to aid management decision making. At it’s core, HR is about people, and with a HRMS in place, your HR team can focus on supporting business goals by developing meaningful relationships with employees and management, rather than being stifled by mounting administration tasks.
However, for many SMEs, the idea of introducing a HRMS is daunting. Common misconceptions are that it requires a lot of technical knowledge, is expensive to implement and manage, and is something that only larger organisations can benefit from. This couldn’t be further from reality with the latest HRMS solutions.
Here are just some of the benefits you will gain from introducing a HRMS:
Reduce Wasted Time
- Time-consuming tasks such as recruiting, onboarding, timekeeping, payroll, compensation and benefits and performance management can be automated.
- Self-service can empower managers and employees and take pressure off HR teams. With system portals, employees can update information, submit requests, and track processing, and HR teams can respond more effectively.
- Documents can be stored in the cloud and made available across a range of mobile devices, improving accessibility, and making it easier to maintain accuracy.
- Reports can be automatically generated to facilitate decision-making.
- Reducing human error through automation will improve employee experience, save cost, and save time in unnecessary re-work.
- Having all employee data, including leave and compensation, online means you can save storage space, quickly locate information, and ensure data security.
Improve Productivity and Efficiency
In the latest, innovative HRMS, strategic partnerships with service providers are integrated, meaning that traditionally complex processes such as visa applications and payroll management can be serviced externally. The assigned service provider handles the request, prepares a quote and invoices as appropriate, collecting and delivering any original documents, communicating with HR Admin as needed throughout the process and completing the task.
Manual workflows are rarely consistent, and many businesses do not have established and defined standard HR processes. This is true of recruiting and onboarding, performance reviews and goal setting, and training and development. With HR automation, tasks are carried out in a consistent, uniform way that can be effectively audited.
Improve Risk Management
The system keeps electronic records of items such as employee discipline notices, safety training, accident logs, compensation claims etc., ensuring that your business can simply meet requirements for legal and health and safety regulations.
Improve Decision Making
With analytics and reporting, a HRMS gives you insights you need for better and more informed decision making. Whether performance reviews, cost-saving initiatives, rewards and recognition, or workforce trends, you can ensure all decisions are based on real-time, accurate, and relevant data.
If you’re interested to know more about how you will benefit from a simple, cost-effective system that uses the latest technology to support your business across visa processing, recruitment, onboarding, time and attendance, employee travel, payroll, medical benefits, training and more, why not avail of a free trail of the leading edge HRMS HRBluSky?